For Burger Patty:
1 lbs. Ground Beef
4 oz. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 Burger Buns
Pimento Cheese Spread:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
2 oz. Pimentos
3 oz. Diced Pickled Jalapeños
1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp. Salt (divided)
1 tsp. Pepper (Divided)
Fried Green Tomatoes:
2 Green Tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
2 cups of Kale
1 tbs. Olive Oil
Stack her up:
- For Burger Patty’s, cook off the bacon until crispy (about 5-8 minutes), chop in small pieces and add to a bowl along with the ground beef.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. Salt and pepper into the ground beef and bacon and mix until combined.
- Form into burger size patty’s should make 4-6, set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- For Pimento Cheese Spread, in a bowl mix cream cheese, diced jalapeños, diced pimentos, cheddar cheese, and mix until combined well.
- For Kale Chips, preheat oven to 350 degrees, on a sheet pan place kale and drizzle olive oil over leaves using your fingers massage the olive oil to ensure each leaf is covered. Spread leaves in even layer on sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. Salt and Pinch of Pepper, place in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes give the pan a shake and continue to cook another 5-6 minutes keeping an eye on the chips until they are as crispy as you’d like.
- For Fried Green Tomatoes, make dredging station by having one bowl with 2 beaten eggs, one bowl with the flour, and one bowl with the bread crumbs.
- Taking each slice of tomato dredge with flour, place into eggs to coat, and coat with bread crumbs.
- In a medium skillet add 1/4 cup vegetable oil and heat on medium high heat, add the breaded green tomato slices and brown on each side about 2-3 minutes per side.
- When ready to cook the burger patty’s place on grill and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until the burger is cooked until the desired temperature.
- On a toasted burger bun stack the burger patty, fried green tomato slice, crispy kale chips, spread cheese mixture on top bun and ENJOY!